vendredi 5 avril 2013

Love Your Body and Say Stop to Bad Eating Habits

Good morning girls :)) I hope you are doing well and you've already started making healthier choices in your life :) Today, I want to touch on one of the big problems and obstacles that we can face when we want to lose weight or when we want to be healthier: I will talk about some of our bad food habits and I mean here emotional eating, binging and craving :)


This post will be based on my personal experience, as I used to be a good example of a perfectly unhealthy person, so I'll share with you some of the tricks and tips that helped me to stop all these bad habits once and for all :)
I used to be an emotional eater, I would eat when I'm bored, sad, stressed or even happy. I used to binge and crave food all the time. Believe me, I couldn't stay 10 minutes with an empty mouth  and my parents were very concerned about my health and they believed that if I carry on on my bad habits I would soon or later end up suffering from diabetes.

When I decided to save my life and be healthier, the first thing I had to do was to stop bad eating habits. So here are some of the tricks I've tried to help me end my bad food habits :)

  • Keep a food diary: One of the  best ways I've found to control my bad eating habits was to keep a food diary. Write down what, when and how much you're eating. This method will give you a complete  picture of your eating behaviors and you will end up changing your bad habits.

  • Face your problems: as I said before, I used to be an emotional eater. If you're an emotional eater too, I really advise you to know what are the feelings that lead you  to crave food. If you're bored, angry, sad,  food will not solve your problems, it can even make you feel worse about yourself and your body. Find a new hobby, write your diary, dance or workout ( exercising makes your body produce endorphins- natural feel-good chemicals )

  •  5 meals a day is my secret: yes! 5 meals a day helped me a lot to cut out binging and cravings. Change that 3 big meals habit and start eating small and frequent meals. This can prevent you from getting too hungry, which can lead to overeating.

  • Think ahead: scheduling and preparing your snacks a day before will help you to gain time and prevent you from snacking bad food. Examples of healthy snacks: unsweetened yogurt ( Bifi has a yummy 0% fat 0% added sugar yogurt), fruits, dry fruits, nuts, green smoothie, banana ice cream, ricotta cheese, green tea ... 


  • Don't skip breakfast: There will be a whole post about the importance of breakfast. but what it is important now is that scientific studies have proven that skiping breakfast will make you crave all the day, decrease you energie and reduce your motivation. So be sure to get a healthy and complete breakfast every morning.

  • Keep good food in your fridge: keeping healthy food at your home will help you to stop your bad eating habits because binging in good food will not be as bad as binging fast food or sweet things.

  • Stop eating refined sugar or at least limit it: well I'm planning to do a whole post about how does refined sugar affect our health but let me explain now how does eating sugar affect especially our eating habits. Scientifically speaking, eating refined sugar makes you feel hungry after a short time from eating it. Every time you eat sugar you will feel full for a short time because refined sugar (used in soda, cakes, ice cream..) makes your blood sugar level go up, after a while your blood sugar  falls down which makes you feel hungry again.
        Look at this curve graph, This is how exactly your blood sugar level works when you eat refined sugar ( it goes up and down, up and down all the day) and from my personal experience, I can say that this is pretty true. In fact, since I've stopped eating refined sugar I've remarked that I dont't feel hungry anymore. You can replace refined sugar with honey or natural sweeteners but you still have to use them in moderation.



This brings me to the end of this post. I want to insist on the fact that bad eating habits are seriously bad for our health because what you eat literally becomes you . So girls start loving your body, build a new realtionship with food and be healthy. I hope these tips would help you as it did for me :)
It would be a real pleasure for me to read your comments below :) Don't forget to follow me on my facebook page My Muse: The Blog. I love you all because you are MY MUSE <3


2 commentaires:

  1. Parfait merci pour ton encouragement pour retrouver notre équilibre et nos bonnes habitudes <3

    RépondreSupprimer